Friday, May 29, 2009

End of the school year ... Beginning of summer

Well, I'm now out of school for the summer, and the kids are getting out very soon. My Honey has to work, as always. There's no keeping her from doing what she loves.

She's a real marvel to behold when she's working on a project, even if its not hers. Our daughter had a school project she was working on. It was a lot of work, and needed to be done in a short period of time. Darling daughter worked diligently over the weekend, tackling her work with fervor. She still needed help. The kind of help that was right up her mom's alley.

I love to see the passion that comes out in my girls when they get involved in something. They both threw themselves into the project, daughter doing what needed to be done an momma aiding her in that miraculous fashion she has. She teaches scrapbooking and other craft classes, but what her customers see doesn't hold a candle to what she will do for her kids. I can't even describe it. I can only watch in awe.

By the way, the finished product was amazing. It was a children's book, and I personally think that it was almost ready to go to print. I loved the quality of the work.

My wife and daughter, what a winning team! I think there's nothing they can't do!

---------------------

Now my son, he's got his own reason to celebrate. He's gotten into building Bionicles. This last weekend, he built a set rated for a few years older than he currently is, and not only did he get it done (with a little help from yours truly, seriously I only did about 25 percent of the work), he got to take it to school and show his class. They were wowwed! He's got a good head for building things, and he can really throw himself into his work, too! I think he proved to himself that he can do anything if he puts his all into it.


-t.h.

No comments: